On behalf of the Committee of St. Kevin’s Athletics Club (SKAAC), I welcome you to season 2018/2019. In this document you will find details about the fixture, training, how to register and who to contact if you have any questions.
Please see our calendar for the fixture for Athletics Victoria Shield Competition in season 2018/2019.
|Shield – Round 1
Shield – Round 1
|6:00pm Aberfeldie (P1)
1:30 Casey (P2*)
|Shield – Round 2
Shield – Round 3
APS Combined Athletic Sports
Shield – Round 4
|1:30 Doncaster (P1) 1:30 N’wading (P2*)
1:30 Casey (P1*) 1:30 Williamstown (P2*)
1:00 Doncaster (P1*) Ringwood (P2*)
|Fri 2 – Sun 4||Victorian All Schools Championships||Lakeside|
|Sat 10||Shield – Round 5||1:00 Knox (P1*) 1:30 Williamstown (P2*)|
|Sat 17||Shield – Round 6||1:30 Meadowglen (P1*) Yarra Ranges (P2*)|
|Sat 24||AV State Relay Championships||Likely Duncan McKinnon|
|Sat 1||Shield – Round 7||1:30 Keilor Park (P1) Frankston|
|Shield – Round 8 (twilight)
Shield – Round 8
|5:15 Lakeside (P2)
|Sat 12||Shield – Round 9||1:00 Werribee (P2*) Murrumbeena (P1*)|
|Sat 19||Shield – Round 10||1:00 Box Hill (P1*) Meadowglen (P2*)|
|Shield – Round 11
Shield – Round 12
|1:30 Werribee (P1*) Knox (P2*)
1:30 Doncaster (P1) 1:30 N’wading (P2*)
9:00 Lakeside (P2*)
P1 = Program 1 which includes: 200m, 800m, 3000m/5000m, 200m/400m Hurdles, 1500m/3000m Walk, High Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Hammer and 4x400m Relay
P2 = Program 2 which includes: 100m, 400m, 1500m, 2000m/3000m Steeplechase, 5000m, 90-110m Hurdles, 2000m Walk, Pole Vault, Long Jump, Discus, Javelin and 4x100m Relay
For 2018/2019 CMLAC and non-SKC students your coaches are Jeremy Weeks, Liz & Luke Mathews, Steve Fabris, Conor Fry, Dan Bailey & Tom Wilson
- From Monday 10th September 2018 Distance training will be held at Tooronga from 5:00pm to 6:00pm on Mondays with Steve Fabris & Wednesdays with Liz & Luke Mathews.
- From Wednesday 12th September 2018 Hurdles training will be held at Tooronga from 5:00pm to 6:00pm on Wednesdays with Conor Fry.
- From Wednesday 12th September 2018 High Jump training will be held at Tooronga from 5:00pm to 6:00pm on Wednesdays with Dan Bailey.
- From Tuesday 11th September 2018 Sprint training will be held at Tooronga from 5:00pm to 6:00pm on Tuesdays & Thursdays with Jeremy Weeks.
- From Thursday 13th September 2018 Horizontal Jumps training will be held at Tooronga from 5:00pm to 6:00pm on Wednesdays with Tom Wilson.
For 2018 Year 7 to Year 12 SKC Students your coaches are Mr Stephen Fabris & Mr Shaun Hargreaves
- The club has entered the following teams for the upcoming season:
- Mens’ Under 14, Under 16, Under 20 (with Under 18’s to run in the Under 20 group), Open & 40+
- Womens’ Under 14, Under 16, Under 18 and Open.
- Your age group is determined by your actual age as at 31 December 2018. For example if you are 15 as at 31 December 2018, you will be in the Under 16 age group.
- All club apparel is to be ordered on line when you register, and can be picked up at any of the normal rounds of Shield Competition by seeing Peter McGarry or Dino Imbriano . However, SKC students are permitted to wear their normal PE uniform for SKAAC Competition.
- To make registrations easy this year, the club has developed its own registration system that can be accessed by hitting the “Join SKAAC” button at the top of the Homepage
The performances in each event in each age group are ranked from the best performance downwards at the end of each round. The best performance earns the most points down to the last performance which scores 1 point.
Points across all events for a team in the given round are added together to provide the team total for the round which is then compared to the performances of other teams in the same gender/age group.
A ladder is produced at the end of each round where premiership points are awarded. Yes - every performance counts! A region premier for each gender/age group is declared at the end of Round 10, with this team and the Region Runner up progressing to the Shield Final on Saturday 6th February 2016 at Lakeside Stadium, where the winner of this competition is declared the State Club Champion for their respective gender/age group.
To be eligible for the Shield Final you need to have competed in at least 3 separate rounds of Shield Competition and have competed in the event at least once.
The Club has entered a Mens’ 40+ and Womens’ Under 14, 16 & 18 teams for the season.
For Finals where a team has qualified as a Top 2 ranked team from White Region, 4 athletes are required for every track race except hurdles and Steeple, which are similar to the field events where 2 athletes are required. This means that everyone who gets qualified is likely to get a run in the final.
Yes - The club holds an annual awards night where Age Group and Club Champions are awarded.