On behalf of the Committee of St. Kevin’s Athletics Club (SKAAC), I welcome you to season 2017/2018. In this document you will find details about the fixture, training, how to register and who to contact if you have any questions.
Please see our calendar for the fixture for Athletics Victoria Shield Competition in season 2017/2018.
|Sat 7||Shield – Round 1||1:30 Nunawading (P1*)|
|APS Combined Athletic Sports
Shield – Round 2
Shield – Round 3
1:30 Nunawading (P2*)
1:00 Aberfeldie (P1*)
|Sat 29||Shield – Round 4||1:00 Nunawading (P2*)|
|Fri 4 – Sun 6||Victorian All Schools Championships||Lakeside|
|Sat 12||Shield – Round 5||1:30 Mt Evelyn (P1*)|
|Sun 20||Shield – Round 6||1:30 Doncaster (P2*)|
|Sat 26||Victorian Relay Championships||9:00 Lakeside|
|Sat 3||Shield – Round 7||1:30 Mt Evelyn (P1)|
|Sat 10||Shield – Round 8 (twilight)||5:15 Nunawading (P2)|
|Thu 15||Shield – Round 9 (twilight)||5:30 Nunawading (P1*)|
|Sat 7||Shield – Round 10||1:00 Nunawading (P2*)|
|Shield – Round 11
Shield – Round 12
|1:00 Nunawading (P1*)
1:00 Nunawading (P2*)
|Sat 11||Shield Final||9:00 Lakeside (P2*)|
P1 = Program 1 which includes: 200m, 800m, 3000m/5000m, 200m/400m Hurdles, 1500m/3000m Walk, High Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, Hammer and 4x400m Relay
P2 = Program 2 which includes: 100m, 400m, 1500m, 2000m/3000m Steeplechase, 5000m, 90-110m Hurdles, 2000m Walk, Pole Vault, Long Jump, Discus, Javelin and 4x100m Relay
For 2016 Year 5 & 6 members your coach is Mr Steve Fabris
- From Tuesday 18th October until 29 November 2016 training will be held on the Heyington Ovals from 3:30pm to 4:30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- From 6 December 2016 until 31 January 2017 training will be held on the Heyington Ovals from 10:00am to 11:00am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For 2016 Year 7 to Year 12 your coaches are Mr Stephen Fabris, Mr Shaun Hargreaves & Mr Alex Rowe
- All training prior to 15th October 2016 is covered by the school’s APS program.
- From Tuesday 18th October until 1 December 2016 training will be held on the Heyington Ovals from 3:30pm to 5:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- From 8 December 2016 until 31 January 2017 training will be held on the Heyington Ovals from 10:00am to 11:30am on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- The club has entered the following teams for the upcoming season:
- Mens’ Under 14, Under 16, Under 20 (with Under 18’s to run in the Under 20 group), Open & 40+
- Womens’ Under 14, Under 16, Under 18 and Open.
- Your age group is determined by your actual age as at 31 December 2017. For example if you are 15 as at 31 December 2017, you will be in the Under 16 age group.
- All club apparel is to be ordered on line when you register, and can be picked up at any of the normal rounds of Shield Competition by seeing Peter McGarry. However, SKC students are permitted to wear their normal PE uniform for SKAAC Competition and Loreto students are able to wear their Loreto sports uniform.
- To make registrations easy this year, the club has developed its own registration system that can be accessed by hitting the “Join SKAAC” button at the top of the Homepage
The performances in each event in each age group are ranked from the best performance downwards at the end of each round. The best performance earns the most points down to the last performance which scores 1 point.
Points across all events for a team in the given round are added together to provide the team total for the round which is then compared to the performances of other teams in the same gender/age group.
A ladder is produced at the end of each round where premiership points are awarded. Yes - every performance counts! A region premier for each gender/age group is declared at the end of Round 10, with this team and the Region Runner up progressing to the Shield Final on Saturday 6th February 2016 at Lakeside Stadium, where the winner of this competition is declared the State Club Champion for their respective gender/age group.
To be eligible for the Shield Final you need to have competed in at least 3 separate rounds of Shield Competition and have competed in the event at least once.
The Club has entered a Mens’ 40+ and Womens’ Under 14 team for the first time in our history along with an Under 16 girls team.
For Finals where a team has qualified as a Top 2 ranked team from White Region, 4 athletes are required for every track race except hurdles and Steeple, which are similar to the field events where 2 athletes are required. This means that everyone who gets qualified is likely to get a run in the final.
Yes - The club holds an annual awards night where Age Group and Club Champions are awarded. The Presentation Night is booked for 6:30pm in the SKC Pavilion on Saturday 16th April 2016.